1. my dad who has now pass away (2017) was a Portsmouth city then Hampshire police man, his number was PC1190 John W Noy i am trying to find out his police records /time in service, he was based at Cosham for some time. I was being showing the car and bikes at the station, i do not know much about his time in the force can you point me in the wright direction please

    mark noy

    • Portsmouth History Centre hold the records covering his Portsmouth service. As next of kin you should ask to access the record. You may need to provide some proof of your father’s death (death certificate). The History Centre is based in the Central Library near the Guildhall. Any records of his Hampshire Constabulary service will be in the Hampshire Record Office in Winchester. The same access rules to personal data apply.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post comment